Mission and Vision
At Carpenter Community Charter, our school motto is Building Young Minds for the Modern World. Our mission is to provide for the children of Studio City a motivating and nurturing neighborhood school where challenging academic programs include hands-on learning and are enriched by our commitment to art, science and athletics. Carpenter is a place where the whole child is encouraged to thrive and grow in pursuit of the skills needed to become successful global citizens.
Our blueprint for success includes:
- Placing an emphasis on multidisciplinary, project-based learning that encourages our children to make connections between the curriculum and the real world, turning them into life-long learners
- Infusing an enrichment curriculum of music, dance, studio art, physical education, science and technology, which supports and supplements our standards-based curriculum
- Employing hands-on, investigative learning with indoor and outdoor science labs, including garden space and a robotics program, a dedicated media lab and mobile classroom technology, and special off-site field work, such as the team-building leadership retreat for fifth graders
- Providing a solid foundation in communication skills
- Teaching a meaningful connection to one’s own emotions and how to control them through mindfulness training
- Emphasizing kindness and values that foster self-esteem and respect for each other and for the idea that other people’s beliefs may differ from one’s own
- Instilling in our students a sense of responsibility to the community outside of Carpenter with a yearly Community Service week which includes daily service projects and seasonal book and toy drives
- Involving all stakeholders – parents, students, faculty, administrators, and local community partners – in the continuous improvement and success of the school
- Striving to develop and advance the best practices for engaging students and parents, training teachers, and promoting educational excellence, collaboration, and innovation
Carpenter Community Charter is a model of excellence in public education. Through a challenging academic program supplemented with an innovative enrichment programs that not only meets scholastic standards, but also fosters critical thinking, independence, creativity, and social-emotional well-being our children are encouraged to explore new ideas and embrace differences in our school community and the world around us.